June 14, 2012

Stoked about coins

The other day, I was teaching my 2nd graders about coins and how to add cents. Since the books they use are for English language learners in the United States, we were learning about American money. I had some coins from back home and brought them in to show them. I wasn't expecting this- but they were so excited about it! So after the lesson, I asked who wanted to take a coin home thinking that maybe one or two students would want one-- but all of them shot their hand straight up with such excitement, it was pretty cute. I had quarters, a dime, a nickle and some pennies and they were so happy to get a little coin-- even the student who got the pennies. It was so cute, I had to take a picture of each of them with their coins:








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...