May 01, 2013

My Life in 250 Words





I was born in Southern California. My father is from California and my mother is from the Philippines. I have one brother. He’s 18 months older than me. My family and I are very close. We do a lot of things together. For holidays, we usually go out dirtbiking in the desert. Our motto is “a family that rides together, stays together.”


After high school, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I went to this trade school, got a job in dental assisting and did that for about 5 years. Then I decided I wanted to get my bachelor degree in something that would give me more opportunities to travel, so I went to university and got a BA in English Language. I’ve been able to use that to teach English abroad.

My husband and I met in 2004 through a mutual friend. He came to California from Maryland where he finished the last half of his senior year of high school. He is a musician, super smart, funny, and he’s also half Filipino like me. In 2006, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Then on our 5-year anniversary, he asked me to be his wife. We were married in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica on August 27th, 2011.

Before being married, we had been to 10 countries together. After being married, we lived in Ecuador, then South Korea, and more recently the Philippines (and a quick visit to Malaysia). So needless to say, we love to travel.




250 words exactly! This is part of "Blog Every Day in May." I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'll try. Come join here: 



p.s.-- sorry for the lack of posting! I've just gotten back home, getting re-adjusted, trying to beat jet-lag, catching up with fam and friends, etc. etc. I will be back on my blogging grind soon!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...