March 07, 2013

Photos: Where I Live- Borongan, Philippines

My husband and I have been living in the Philippines for about 8 months now. We live in a small town called Borongan. It's located on the island of Samar, which is just south of Luzon (the major island that Manila is on).


View Larger Map


Now, when I say this is a small town-- this is a SMALL town. Everybody knows everybody type of thing. But I like it here. It's right on the beach. It's on the eastern side of the island, which is ideal to watch some really pretty sunrises. And people here are friendly. My father-in-law is from Borongan, so we have a lot of family here.
Here are some pictures from around town. I would like to apologize for the really crappy quality of some of these pictures-- I have an iPhone 3G (not even the 3Gs- but I'm not complaining because it was given to us for free, lol). But I promise to get better pictures with a real camera soon!

On our scooter, heading into town for a grocery run.
Can you see me?? =)
This is the small bridge we pass over to get into
the "downtown" area. The water is really pretty
(when it hasn't been raining). I promise I'll take a
better picture!
This is an outside shot of the market we go to for our food.
Inside the market- lots of little stalls like this.
Fresh veggie & fruit galore!
You can also get fresh fish & other seafood here.
More market goodies.
The little stand where we get our fruit. The market's selection
of fruit isn't that good, so we come here. The guys working
here know what we want right away when we come.
This is usually what our haul from the market and
fruit stand look like-- and we go through all of this
in 2 days!
This is where we get our dry dog food-- by the kilo.
Snack time! This is siopao-- the Filipino version of
a steamed bun. Filled with meat & so good!
A garden bed in our backyard that my husband built.
My husband working in the garden.
At the pier.
The beach.


11 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining us at GYB http://www.callmepmc.com/2013/03/grow-your-blog-link-party-call-me-pmc.html#more New follower ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Grow Your Blog” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – I would also like to invite you to a blog hop called: “The Great Blog Train” currently live on my blog – Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm following back & joined the blog hop- thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  3. Hi Leia,

    Thank you so much for stopping by at Kusina ni Inday Blog. Are you Bisaya or Tagalog? I am from Cebu. It is nice to meet another Pinoy Blogger. I followed you back via GFC.

    I also wanted to invite you to join the fun at Linkin' with my Ladies Blog Hop going on at my other blog.

    Here's the link:
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/2013/03/my-first-ever-blog-hop-with-linkin-with.html

    I hope to see you there, Leia.

    Judy
    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
    http://www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Judy! I'm mestiza-- my mom is actually from Bicol. But my husband is mestizo and his dad is from Samar. I joined the blog hop {thanks for the invite!} and I followed your other blog!

      Delete
  4. This is so neat! I love the fresh market stands (and the beach!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great place to live!
    Stopping by from Share Something Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy it here. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the philippines! I've only been to Boracay and Manila (and Pansanjan Falls) but I loved every minute of being there. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leia,
    I find your blog while typhoon Yolonda rages over there. I am interested in news from there because my granddaughter is serving there in Borongan on a church mission. I sincerely hope and pray that you, she, and all your people survive this great storm in good order.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...