April 19, 2013

Goodbye, Philippines!

My husband and I have been living in the Philippines for the last 9 months. But today, we leave this amazing country and head out. Although we leave today, we know it won't be long before we're back here again.


Our backpacks are packed and our flight is in a few hours. Here is what the next week looks like for us:


Philippines >> Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia >> California!


We'll be in Malaysia tonight and spend 4 days there. We decided that since we're on this side of the Pacific, we might as well check out another Asian country! (& flying to KL from Manila is pretty darn cheap!). I'm really excited to explore KL. Anyone have any suggestions on what we should do/eat/see in Kuala Lumpur???

BUT, the thing I'm most excited about: GOING HOME!! My goodness, ya'll don't even know how happy I am about this! I've been away from my family and friends for 14 months. FOURTEEN! That's the longest I've been away. (Before we came to the Philippines, we were teaching in Korea. You can read about our South Korea experiences here.)

So, with all this being said, it will be looking a little stark on my side of the blog world for the next several days or so, but ya'll know I will try to blog as often as I am able to!

Here are some highlights from our time in the Philippines:
- Sagada
- When Prada had her puppies- I miss all my puppies so much =(
- Filipino Food: A Basic Guide
- Thanksgiving
- Boracay
- Tropical Permaculture
- Caramoan
- Our one-year anniversary

Read about all our Philippines adventures here.

I'm really, really excited for us to start these next adventures in our lives! We've got some plans while we're in California and even bigger plans afterwards, so stay tuned! =)

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...