1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.
I figure I'd like to participate in this cute, silly thing to help me keep track of things, like the wedding and whatnot seeing how I haven't been able to do much tracking since we moved to Ecuador right after the wedding, and now to South Korea shortly after that. So here it goes.
Here's the shortened & condensed version...
How it All Began:
Jason and I met through my best friend. We started off as friends at first. My best friend and I would hang out with him and his friends quite often. Then my best friend moved out of state to go to university, but I still hung out with Jason and his friends.
|My BF, Jason & I. 2004.|
|Us 3 again, after one of his shows. 2005.|
|At a Halloween party. 2005. Shortly after this, we started to hang out more one-on-one. =)|
|The first time I took him dirtbiking with my family. Thanksgiving weekend. 2005.|
Towards the end of 2005, we started to hang out more, and just the two of us. Feelings were starting to develop, but I'll admit- I was trying to fight them (and so was he) because we both had gone through a break up just months before. We would go out to dinner, go around the city taking pictures, go to shows, just innocent fun.
Then one night, he had a show where he was filling in for a band member in a local band (he plays guitar). I was running a little late, but as I made my way through the crowd and up towards the front, we made eye contact and he smiled... and for some reason, I thought "Yeah, I really like him. Don't fake the funk." And from then on, I just let my guard down and so did he. We shared our first kiss shortly after that. Then at a new year's eve party at his house that same year, he "officially" asked me to be his girlfriend.
|Our first photo together after being "official". 2006.|
... and THAT, my friends, is how it all began...