1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Som tom! (Thai green papaya salad). Love that stuff, especially with sticky rice.
2. What’s your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Donuts. Mmmmm... donuts.....
3. What’s the weirdest/craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Guinea pig in Ecuador (which was surprisingly delicious, to be honest). Oh, and live octopus in South Korea. That was definitely weird.
|Munchin on some guniea pig in Ecuador.|
Anything that has ampalaya (bittermelon) or grapefruit. I hate bitter stuff- yuck! I have a very low tolerance for that stuff.
5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Canned sardines & rice. I remember my mom cooking that a lot when I was a kid.
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
Here's a link to my calamansi brownies: Calamansi Brownies.
When we were living in the Philippines, I had a lot of extra time on my hands. I ended up starting a little baking business. These calamansi brownies were a top seller of mine. (And if you don't know what a calamansi is, it's basically the Filipinos' version of lemon. It's actually more of a cross between an orange and a lemon. Really good.)