10. The Cake & Food
(To read numbers 1 - 9, click here)
Like I've mentioned before in post number 6 - The Colors - we had two events for our wedding celebration: a pre-wedding open house in California and the actual wedding in Costa Rica.
Our pre-wedding event was held at a Thai restaurant-- so you know we had some bomb foodage going on there! Yellow curry, pad thai, chicken satay, pineapple fried rice.... I can't even remember it all! I don't have a picture of the food- but I'm sure you get the gist!
Our very talented friend Amanda made us an AMAZING cake that really showed what J & I are about-- traveling! She did such an incredible job. The whole cake was shaped like a suitcase. Inside was a beach scene with little Lego figurines of J & I. She even had edible flags of every country J & I had traveled together. There were so many details, it was just really a great cake-- I wish I could have froze the whole thing to keep it forever. But it was red velvet, which is a big weakness of mine, so we had to eat it. And not only did it look awesome, it was delicious, too! The whole thing was almost gone in minutes.
Then in Costa Rica, we wanted the food to be comida tipica-- typical Costa Rican food. We had a choice of beef, pork or chicken, prepared Costa Rican style and the sides-- beans and rice, patacones (fried plantains) and a salad. Again, I forgot to have someone take a picture of the food-- but I assure you, it was delicious! I love the food in Costa Rica- it's some of my favorite.
If you'd like to participate in Wedding Wednesday, here are the prompts:
1.how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long didyou date? first picture together.....etc.
2.when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when didyou know?
3.proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it atotal surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4.the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures!tell us about his ring too!
5.engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6.the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.