January 16, 2014

The Boy Behind the Blog #8: Movies & the New Year

First round of The Boys Behind the Blog of 2014:

1. What was your favorite movie of 2013?
The Kings of Summer was my favorite, hands down. I also liked Mama and The Place Beyond the Pines.


2. What is your all time favorite movie quote?
I've got hundreds.  Mostly from the same movie.  "You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me." 

Another good one: "It's wet ain't it?  Drink it!"
And one more:  "I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what I've accepted: just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even keel, this is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require explanation - just occupants. That's where you guys come in. It's like you come onto this planet with a crayon box. Now you may get the 8 pack, you may get the 16 pack but it's all in what you do with the crayons - the colors - that you're given. Don't worry about coloring within the lines or coloring outside the lines - I say color outside the lines, you know what I mean? Color all over the page; don't box me in! We're in motion to the ocean. We are not land locked, I'll tell you that."

3. What is your favorite type of movie? (Action, scary, comedy, etc)/
I like them all, but Leia doesn't let me watch Scary movies cuz she has nightmares, so maybe comedies, or foreign dramas.

4. What is your New Year's Resolution?
I've got three.  1) Pay off the credit card.  2) Play at least 40 open mics/writer's nights throughout the course of the year.  3) Write and demo at least 2 songs a month.


5. Finish the sentence: This year I will....
This year I will refer to question #4 when someone wants to know what I plan to do this year.


You can check out J's music stuff here: http://mestizomagic.wordpress.com/


And find previous Q&A's from The Boys Behind the Blog here.

Mal Smiles
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...