January 08, 2014

Write in a Journal

I've never been one to make goals or resolutions for the new year. I mean, I think of things that I want or need to do, but that's about as far as I'll go.

But there are some things I would like to start doing more often- things I know I can accomplish. One of these things is working out (I'm sure I'm not alone on this one!). But really, I need to get back on my grind. We have a wedding to attend in the Bahamas in May, so I need to get my butt in shape (literally).

The other thing is that I would like to start writing in a journal. When I was younger (I'm talking 15+ years ago) I was really good at writing in a journal. But I haven't done it since then. I think writing is good for the soul. I miss it. And there are a lot of things I don't want to share in this public realm of blogland. So the other day, I went to the store to pick up a journal and have made a few entries since then. And for days when I can't think of anything to write about, I go to this website for inspiration: Question of the Day.



I know I can keep up with this goal because I do tend to have a lot of free time and during those times, I get an urge to write. Hopefully I can fill this journal up and start another one! I think it'll be cool to be able to pass my journals down to my kin, something I wish my mom or grandmother would have done for me. But since they didn't- why not and start now, right? :)
post signature

2 comments :

  1. I love that idea about passing your journals on to your children. I would have loved to have that, too! I've started and stopped journals so many times, but I would love to keep up with one. It is nice to just write and share your thoughts. Also, that trip to the Bahamas for a wedding sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK about that. I hope my children (if I get any) wouldn't have to hear all the escapades I'd be too embarrassed for them to know. Relaying how I really met their mother...etc. I do have a journal I write in from time to time. I wish I have a better camera so I can take more pictures...so when I'm senile I may remember what I wrote on the journal with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...