March 06, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: The Dress

Detail shot of my dress.
It's been a few months (well, about 7 months) since I've done a post on Wedding Wednesday. If you don't know what it is, it's something I saw on The Married Couple's blog and all you do is just write about one of the prompts below. You're supposed to do it each week, but obviously I've been slacking (um, really slacking). Feel free to participate. Here are the prompts:

7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.

Today I'm on number 7-- the dress.

To be quite honest, I've never really had “the perfect dress” in my mind, even when I was growing up. Maybe that was due to the fact that I wasn't very much of a girly girl and was more of a tomboy. Or maybe it just wasn't something that important to me to think about? All I know is that I didn't know what kind of dress I wanted until I was engaged and scouring bridal magazines for ideas. I would check-out stacks and stacks of bridal magazines from the library. I saw tons of beautiful dresses I loved, but I had two major rules for myself-- it had to be a dress practical for the beach and it had to be within my price range, no exceptions. Believe me, my price range was LOW. Most brides probably spend more on getting their eyebrows waxed than I did for my dress.
I saw a picture of 'the perfect dress' in one of the many magazines I had. It was the perfect style... the only thing I didn't know was the price. So I went to researching. It was a few bucks over my price range & I was bummed.

My dad & I.
I eventually went to a bridal shop to try on dresses. I tried on one after the other but was never completely satisfied because in the back of my mind, all I really wanted was that one dress. So I took a chance and asked the lady if they had it. I just wanted to try it on even if it was out of my price range just to see what it 'would've' looked like on me. Luckily they did have one dress in stock and she brought it to me and said “It's our last one in this store and it's on sale....” And when I heard that, I think I quickly grabbed the dress out of her hands to look at the price tag... the new sale price was just under my budget! Hallelujah! I felt like me and this dress were meant to be. But then there was another bump in the road-- it was a size too small. I tried it on anyways & I knew this was the one. The lady said she could order my size for me and it would come in in a few days. So, I did end up getting that perfect dress.
My mom & I.
My dress was white and sleeveless. It had some intricate beading and lace. My favorite part of the dress though was the cut- it was a high-low hem and had a small train at the back. It was perfect for the beach.










6 comments :

  1. Beautiful dress! I think my dream dress would be something by Elie Saab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your wedding gown looks good on you too.. that's also, my dream to have another wedding but this time, I want with my family in the island. like you had, next to the ocean back ground or as long next to the beach..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat! Beach weddings are definitely beautiful. =)

      Delete
  3. I definitely think you made a beautiful choice for a beach wedding. I've been thinking about having a beach wedding as well...but I'm nowhere near the planning stage for anybody's wedding!! LOL

    Visiting from I Love My Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, well when the time comes, I think beach weddings are the way to go =). Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...