|Detail shot of my dress.|
1.how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long didyou date? first picture together.....etc.
3.proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it atotal surprise? pictures of that... etc.
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.
Today I'm on number 7-- the dress.
To be quite honest, I've never really had “the perfect dress” in my mind, even when I was growing up. Maybe that was due to the fact that I wasn't very much of a girly girl and was more of a tomboy. Or maybe it just wasn't something that important to me to think about? All I know is that I didn't know what kind of dress I wanted until I was engaged and scouring bridal magazines for ideas. I would check-out stacks and stacks of bridal magazines from the library. I saw tons of beautiful dresses I loved, but I had two major rules for myself-- it had to be a dress practical for the beach and it had to be within my price range, no exceptions. Believe me, my price range was LOW. Most brides probably spend more on getting their eyebrows waxed than I did for my dress.
I saw a picture of 'the perfect dress' in one of the many magazines I had. It was the perfect style... the only thing I didn't know was the price. So I went to researching. It was a few bucks over my price range & I was bummed.
|My dad & I.|