8. The Little Accessories
On my wedding day, I had on very little accessories. I didn't wear a veil... or shoes. But I did make these feet bracelet things (what are they called?!). I think they came out pretty nice & they were perfect for a beach wedding:
Even during most of the reception I wasn't wearing any shoes. That's just how I do.
As for jewelry, I had on a simple bracelet (that I also made) and I just wore white studded earrings. I had a flower in my hair. During the reception, one of my sister-in-laws gave us kukui nut leis from Hawaii. And that's pretty much it as far as accessories go.
After talking to my bridesmaids individually about what they wanted to wear, I found that they all wanted something different. One wanted sleeveless, one wanted spaghetti straps, etc. etc. So I just decided to let them choose whatever they wanted. I wanted them to feel comfortable and pretty. I knew the only way I was going to make all of them happy was letting them do their thang. My only requirement was that the dress had to be purple. And I think they did a great job & they all looked beautiful:
|Jason with my bridesmaids.|
Wedding Wednesday prompts:1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flowers and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.