February 13, 2014

Question of the Day: Childhood Song?


 
Which song always takes you back to your childhood when you hear it?

A ton of songs always take me back to my childhood when I hear them. My parents love to listen to music and dance (oh yes- they can get down!). So we were brought up listening to all kinds of music- but mainly pop. My brother and I grew up listening to artists like Janet Jackson, Tears for Fears, Michael Jackson, Salt-n-Peppa, Prince... the list goes on and on.

This song, though, brings back a lot of memories. When we were younger, my brother and I would make silly videos. There is a video of my brother and I dancing to this song and it's great. Little did we know at the time what the song was about, but we would sing/rap to it all the time. And I remember one day, my dad asked us "Do you guys know what this song is about??!" and we said "Nope!" and continued singing it. We knew (actually, still know!) all the words. And it's still "the jam!"

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Tag Team - "Whoomp! There it is!":



How about you?? What song takes you back to your childhood when you hear it?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...