But, as I got older and met J, the more I realized how unconventional we were. And nothing like how I had envisioned about my wedding when I was a little girl actually happened. And truth be told, I am 110% ok with that. In fact, how everything really went down was probably better than I could have ever dreamed.
So, needless to say, our wedding and honeymoon weren't very conventional. After our wedding in Costa Rica, we stayed in the country for about another week or two with a group of our friends who wanted to stay, too. We explored other parts of CR that we hadn't before and it was all in all a great time.
Before leaving California to Costa Rica for the wedding, I had a job interview set up in Cuenca, Ecuador a few weeks after the wedding date. So we just planned that after the wedding, we'd just keep on moving south to Ecuador. It wasn't certain that I would even get the job, but we were (or are) crazy and went with good faith anyways. (And luck was on our side because both J and I got jobs at the same school).
Anyways, rewind to before Cuenca. J and I hadn't really planned a real honeymoon. We left Costa Rica and headed to Ecuador. We stayed in Quito for a few nights. Then we headed to Baños, stopping there for a few days, before heading to Cuenca.
We really fell in love with Baños and we had such a fun time there (a full post with details and pictures on the city can be found here: Favorite Places: Baños, Ecuador). We decided (recently, actually-- like last week) that we considered our time in Baños our "honeymoon" because it was the first time after the wedding that we were by ourselves and just enjoying our post-marital status.
Since Ecuador, we have been on many other lovely escapes and J has said that they are all part of our honeymoon and that our honeymoon hasn't ended. And I would have to agree with him. ;)
You can find my previous Wedding Wednesday posts #1-12 here.
Here are the prompts if you'd like to join Wedding Wednesday:
1.how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2.when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when didyou know?
3.proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it atotal surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4.the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures!tell us about his ring too!
5.engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6.the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.