I really do like this award. The last time I got it back in March, I got it twice all within a couple of days of each other (check out the post here).
(If you want to know about this award, you can see Kari's post or my old one!)
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I've never read/watched any Harry Potter books/movies. And don't ever intend to.
2. I've never watched any of the Twilight movies. I also never intend to do that either.
3. I would be content with having to eat sushi and only sushi for the rest of my life.
4. I love watching football (soccer) and I LOVE FC Barcelona!
5. I have a lot of white hairs on my head and they're multiplying-- & I'm in my late 20's.
6. I don't pull out any of my white hairs because I believe they're good luck.
7. I crave a big stack of pancakes quite often. But rarely do I ever fulfill that craving.
8. I hate when people complain about their first world problems.
9. When I shop for clothes, I mostly just head straight to the clearance racks.
10. I'm a really frugal person. Really frugal. Ok, also known as cheap.
11. My favorite invention is the airplane.
Questions to answer from Kari:
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Improper English usage, especially in written discourse. I'm a pretty big English nerd (I did get a degree in English Language). I am more lenient on second language speakers. I'm not saying I'm perfect- I'm actually far from it- but there are several things people do that just really irk me. Oh, also number 8 on my list of random facts above.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring?
My husband, gallons of sunblock/insect repellent, & Britta Filter with thousands of filter replacements.
3. Who's your favorite band?
Hmmm... this is tough. I haven't really discovered a band recently that I can say is my favorite since Incubus.
4. If you had six months left to live, what would you do with the time you had left?
Travel the world with all my family.
5. What is the biggest lesson you've learned in the past year?
That material possessions are not important. At all. What's more important is life and the people that are there by your side. This was a hard lesson learned from the flood we suffered from last week. (Read about what happened here).
6. If you could go back and redo anything, what would it be?
I would have started my travels at a way younger age.
7. What is your favorite book?
One Hundred Years of Solitude.
8. Did you have a childhood nickname? What was it?
Lele (pronounced 'laylay'). People still call me that. People also called me Winnie Cooper (from The Wonder Years) because I looked like her, with bangs and everything.
9. Ice cream or custard?
Ice cream, for sure.
10. Beach or mountains?
Beach, for sure.
11. Tell about a time you laughed so hard you almost peed your pants.
I've had so many times like that, but they're like "you had to be there" type of times. I know this is a total cop out, but I'm lazy right now, lol.
My Questions for the Next Players:
1. What do you do to make yourself feel better after going through a hard/tough/sad situation?
2. What are three songs you absolutely love & would listen to over & over again?
3. What is your idea of THEE ultimate vacation?
4. If money & jobs weren't a factor, what one place in the world would you live?
5. If you had to watch one television show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What is something you can do really well?
7. Where in the world would you NOT want to live? Why?
8. What is a craft/hobby/interest you wish you were good at?
9. If you could have dinner with any 4 people, living or dead, who would they be?
10. What is the best food you have ever tasted?
11. What do you do with “me” time?
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
Lisa @ Meanderings, Adventures, & Crafty Inspirations
LovelyWife and PetiteMom
Melanie @ The Morning Glory Blog
Also, anyone else who wants to participate- I nominate you, too! =)
Thanks again, Kari, for the nomination!