August 07, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies (a basic -but delicious!- recipe)

It's been a long while since my last recipe post! In fact it's been about 5 months, since March when I made ceviche! Wow, way too long.

But I made these chocolate chip cookies a couple of weekends ago (remember from my weekend when I was left all to my lonesome?) and I just had to share the recipe with you all!



I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that chocolate chip cookies are a fave guilty pleasure. Even though they're so basic, they're so delicious.

Especially homemade, from-scratch chocolate chip cookies.

There are TONS of recipes out there. It might drive you mad trying to find one to use. Well, look no further. I've found a winner. One, I promise, you won't be disappointed in.


These babies are soft, moist & FULL of chocolate chips! The secret: using MINI chocolate chips!

I'm a big fan of Cookies & Cups. Every single recipe Shelly posts looks so amazing, I just want to lick the pictures right on the computer screen (don't worry- I don't really do that).

This recipe is adapted from her "Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies". And I can now attest to why these are her favorite. They are so darn good. This is definitely my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on!

Ok, no more talking- let's get to the recipe:

First, a note: Shelly highly recommends making the dough & letting it sit in the fridge 24-48 hours in advance-- and so do I. It makes a difference. But of course, if you can't wait that long, make 'em ASAP. They'll still be delicious!




Chocolate Chip Cookies
{printable recipe}
Adapted from Cookies & Cups

Makes about 24 cookies.

Cream together on medium speed for 2 minutes until fluffy & light:
1 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup granulated sugar

Add in & continue mixing until incorporated:
2 eggs
1 Tbsp.vanilla

Turn mixer on low and add in:
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Mix on low until evenly incorporated.

Stir-in until evenly distributed:
1 (12oz.) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cover dough with plastic wrap & refrigerate up to 48 hours.

To bake:
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon to drop dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Notes:
- Shelly uses sea salt in her recipe. I didn't have any so I used regular salt instead. They still came out awesome.
- Mini chocolate chips are best as you get more chocolate per bite!

Easy. Basic. Delicious. Badaboom. Badabing.

Does anyone else love chocolate chip cookies like me? Do you have a favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe? If you try this one out, let me know how it goes!

post signature

2 comments :

  1. THANK YOU, LEIA!

    chocolate chip cookies are my favoritefavorite! can't wait to make these soon!

    krista :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...